Ľ Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Youtuber BFSC Fishing missing in Ajax
Nado
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 11:48 am

Parr Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 8095

There is a facebook group set up to coordinate search efforts, they are looking for people to walk along the shorelines of Lake Ontario and report pictures of personal belongings to the group so that those close to him can determine if they are related or not. They are looking for more searching to be done further west as far as Grimsby with the East winds we had this weekend. If anyone lives close by any of the identified areas it would really help the family get closure if you can walk a stretch of shoreline and report the area covered to the group.

Kevin Wong Volunteer Group

PMEmail Poster
ehssoul
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 07:00 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7132

Cbc reported man recovered no wearing pfd. Not sure if news is accurate. Def an eye opener. I enjoyed his videos, watched them for years. Rip

PMEmail Poster
FishingChef
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 07:30 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 15394

So sad to hear things like this

PMEmail Poster
OutdoorDave
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 12:13 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 10989

Unidentified body found by police today. Waiting on identity but let's hope for the family sake they've found Kevin to give them some closure... He will be missed

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/police-wor...ering-1.4088765

PMEmail Poster
Lanternman75
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 03:28 pm

Adult Trout

Member No.: 11376

just breaks my heart he was so young and had quite a passion for our hobby, i cant help but think how many times i have been on my boat with a life vest strapped to my seat, eye opener for sure, last year i got the inflatable ones for my family and it will be mandatory wear going forward. My thoughts are with his family.

PMEmail Poster
Ice
Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 07:28 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 7713

So sad to hear the news. Prays for his family.

PMEmail Poster
basstard
Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 08:10 pm

Smolt Trout

Member No.: 8583

I've been following this since he went missing, refreshing the news pages hoping he turned up somewhere still kicking. I just want to say thank you to Kevin for all the fishing videos, life goes way to fast. I've had a few times out in the rough water, said to myself that's it for me, but I got lucky. If I had to pick a way to go out, it would be on the lake fishing, just like Kevin was.

PMEmail Poster
evanxrs
Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 10:18 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 2190

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help his family cover the unexpected costs of his funeral.
Here is the link

Kevin's GoFundMe page

PMEmail Poster
es088
Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 12:38 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 9134

It is with a heavy heart and tears in our eyes that I tell you that the search for Kevin has concluded. On September 11, Durham police were called to Petticoat Creek Conservation Area when a body washed ashore. Upon further identification and investigation, it has been confirmed the body belongs to Kevin Wong.

The family of Kevin is going through an extremely tough time of mourning, and I hope we can all support and respect them during this difficult time.

We would like to thank everyone for their unwavering support during the past five days. Thank you to all of the police services who used their resources to search for Kevin. Thank you to the volunteers who walked the shoreline, the boaters who went out on the water, and the drone operators who searched the lake. Thank you to the media for helping get the word out about Kevin, and the residents in the area who supported the search. Please make sure you remove any posters put up along the shoreline during the search.

The overwhelming response of support to the search for Kevin is a testament to his character, and the positive effect he had on everyone he met. He was an important member of the fishing community, and we are going to miss him so much.

Words cannot express the complete devastation Kevinís loss has to his family and close friends. Many who had interactions with Kevin agree that he is a genuine friend that everyone loves. He will be deeply missed and we will remember him forever. Please help us to support the family as they struggle to find ways to go through this tragedy. All donations will go directly to the family to help cover the costs of the memorial and other related expenses. Your prayers, messages, and ongoing support are deeply appreciated.

www.gofundme.com/BFSCKevin

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Simcoe
Fishing forum for Lake Simcoe & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in Simcoe County!

Marketplace