Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search

Fishing Forum
Pages: 1 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Any way to get those little?
Disco
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 - 06:59 pm

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10908

Damn auto correct got me on my last post. The Alewife mass die off were not motivated they were mitigated by the Coho and Chinook stalkings. Ughhhh. Damn auto correct.

The Coho were originally stalked to cut down the Alewife populations so the mass die offs would be mitigated.

The die off after spawning is not a guarantee as from what I understand the stress for spawning and steep temperature changes in shallow water during spawning causes some mass die offs.

http://www.friendsofsandbanks.org/sandbank...ewife_facts.pdf

I found this article on it that would be more accurate.

PMEmail Poster
MarkDv
  Posted: Jul 27, 2019 - 10:55 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16889

Disco,
Damn auto correct got me on my last post. The Alewife mass die off were not motivated they were mitigated by the Coho and Chinook stalkings. Ughhhh. Damn auto correct.

No worries, it's clear now.
Interesting information. Something to think about. Thanks for sharing.
Watch your auto correct though...
Coho and Chinook stalkings

PMEmail Poster
MarkDv
Posted: Jul 27, 2019 - 11:05 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 16889

I don't think many people would be interesting in that but still would like to mention. Seems like there are two different alewife species in the coho I got last week. If you look at their mouths they differ same way as differ whitefish and cisco.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Great Lakes
Fishing forum for the Great Lakes & Area. Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Discussions & More. Featuring Ice Hut Rentals, Accommodations, Bait & Tackle shops, Marinas and Fishing Guides. The best fishing in the Great Lakes!

Marketplace