Fishing Forum  Fishing Regs  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ice Fishing 2019 - where to book?
deerhunter
Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 11:25 am

Trophy Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 10322

Thanks everyone for your input. Based on what I heard I was going to book with Rob Hyatt, but he just recently sold his business to Nick Day.

I have tentatively booked a condo with South River Resort. Looks like a great outfit. Already getting excited about this year's ice fishing season. Hopefully we will not get skunked this year.

Here's a pic of last year's PB: I plucked it out of bucket from 2 dozen other similar ones that weren't quite as big.

Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
FatRap
Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 11:54 am

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1282

Lol, I have heard good things about South River Resort you should do better than last year, especially if they have bigger minnows

PMEmail Poster
Chevy
Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 07:47 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (FatRap @ Oct 01, 2018 - 11:54 am)
Lol, I have heard good things about South River Resort you should do better than last year, especially if they have bigger minnows

I new Rob was selling. I've booked with Nick. I spoke with him the other night and he sounded excited about the up and coming season.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 06:46 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

so , lots of very good operators on the lake and most posters have their favourites for good reasons.

things to consider/ask

size of bungalow
heat source
toilet.....attached/detached
what is supplied and what is not

very basic questions to ask or know

price, I left out as it varies from weekdays to weekends and whether you max out in a say 6 or 8 man or go lower numbersc as I do

And yes, We are booked again for January for 3 or 4 nights..midweek

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
wee scot
Posted: Oct 04, 2018 - 12:01 pm

Parr Trout

Member No.: 2505

We are booked with bear creek this year .

PMEmail Poster
Quigles716
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 07:04 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 14796

Ive gone with icebungalows.com and south river resort. This year we have 8 guys so were going to south river resort. But either way. We typically catch a keeper with icebungalows.com. Ive only been to south river once. I caught two that were just shy of keeping. Bass, pike and perch. They are both great outfitters.

PMEmail Poster
Cranman
Posted: Oct 09, 2018 - 08:50 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 1788

Nick is a GREAT guy....I know him personally as his landscape company looks after my property on the lake. Extremely responsive and customer service is top notch. Sad part for renters - I had him out last winter on one of my spots. We KILLED it. Caveat is that he could not return
He and his partner will do well due to their passion and service. Catching fish is up to the client....they don't jump in the boat anywhere...

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Fishing Lake Nipissing
Fishing forum for Lake Nipissing & Area. Fishing for walleye/pickerel, muskie, pike, bass, perch, crappie and more. Local Fishing Reports, Current Ice Conditions, Fishing Tips, Tactics, Discussions & More. Northern Ontario Fishing at it's Best!

Marketplace