Hunting Forum Hunting Regulations    
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Cow moose?, WHY
270WBY
Posted: Nov 10, 2018 - 08:25 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 12489

If they "close" the moose season for 3-5 yrs it will end up being like the spring bear season and go on for years! BAD IDEA

There are many ways to go about assisting in the rebounding of the moose population and first and foremost is controlling the wolf and bear population and the serious effect it has on the moose. Allow moose hunters to legally harvest a wolf on a moose licence( and pay minimal for a bear licence for the fall season make it more feasible and more hunters will harvest predators

Secondly is insuring that there is some sort of control with the First Nation harvest and that they don't take advantage of their rights and this starts with the MNRF , Gov't Officials implementing strict guidelines for them to follow and adhere to(yeah I know fat chance)

AND shorten the bloody seasons....or better yet issue tags for different times of the year
Certain amount of tags for certain times of the Fall season

this way hunters can apply depending on the season and the later the hunt the "more" tags available

Just my 2 cents

PMEmail Poster
Hunt&Fish
Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 08:09 am

Egg

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 6487

I know it has been said before but it needs to be acted on NO MORE CALF LICENSES!!!!!!!!!

Mortality rate of calfs statistically is high from winter conditions, predators etc. but one thing is for 100% sure if I shoot a calf that is 1 less moose for sure.

PMEmail Poster
swiftdeer
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 - 07:45 am

Smolt Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 11020

QUOTE (270WBY @ Nov 10, 2018 - 08:25 am)

Secondly is insuring that there is some sort of control with the First Nation harvest and that they don't take advantage of their rights and this starts with the MNRF , Gov't Officials implementing strict guidelines for them to follow and adhere to(yeah I know fat chance)

It would be hard for the MNRF to control this, for those that don't know, First Nations fall under the jurisdiction of the federal government not the provincial government. Aboriginal rights fall under the Constitution Act and are protected by treaties, which the provincial government was not involved in negotiating under most circumstances, unless they happen to be modern day treaties in which case the provincial gov. MAY be party to.

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Marketplace