» Fishing Forum  Fishing Regulations  
 Members |  Forum Rules |  Search
Pages: 1 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Outrageous boaters
Widecap
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 09:02 am

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16498

https://youtu.be/BPcR7Psn-eo

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/BPcR7Psn-eo[/YOUTUBE]

This post has been edited by metalbuckle on Oct 01, 2020 - 09:21 am

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 10:00 am

World Record Trout

Group: Members
Member No.: 515

That's nuts just like the boat and skier we experienced on Balsam Lake this past Friday but this clown looks to be even closer..
Very dangerous indeed, what a tool..

PMEmail Poster
duo8404
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:31 am

Fry

Member No.: 6788

The boater was wrong for doing what he did. However you must ask why. The why is the gathering of 20 fishing boats and approximately 60 fishermen in the one area to fish. They where right in the middle of a channel where bigger boats need to go to get through.

Further more there are pictures on Facebook with these same fishermen as it got dark fishing at night with banks of lights on their boats pointing directly in the water. This has become a common occurrence in the fall time on Rice lake. They fish illegally and they do it all night long.

We have a problem on Rice lake. We need MNR and OPP to come out.
This has been going on for a few years now and it seems to be only getting worse.

PMEmail Poster
Lazinator
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:49 am

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 589

QUOTE (duo8404 @ Oct 01, 2020 - 11:31 am)
The boater was wrong for doing what he did. However you must ask why. The why is the gathering of 20 fishing boats and approximately 60 fishermen in the one area to fish. They where right in the middle of a channel where bigger boats need to go to get through.

Further more there are pictures on Facebook with these same fishermen as it got dark fishing at night with banks of lights on their boats pointing directly in the water. This has become a common occurrence in the fall time on Rice lake. They fish illegally and they do it all night long.

Really? Some idiot is pulling these stunts endangering people and you think that he's justified because you decided that there's too many boats in that area?????

As for illegal fishing, the MNR has a phone number for reporting it.

PMEmail Poster
duo8404
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 11:54 am

Fry

Member No.: 6788

No I do not believe he is justified for doing it. The MNR are being called but no action from them yet.

I really hope they do come out to put a stop to ALL of the wrong doings.

PMEmail Poster
fisherman2280
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:25 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 16918

When your doing something like that where one wrong move could kill someone I don't think you can justify the behavior.

It's going to get ugly and someone hurt when people start retaliating.

PMEmail Poster
metalbuckle
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:34 pm

World Record Trout
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

unfortunately i cant type much due to an injury, but there is a boat race on rice every year at the end of sept and i have been caught in it more than once. i am not going to argue who should be using the lake and how its for everyone etc.., but they came very close to me as well and i had to almost full throttle and do evasive maneuvers to avoid crashing into rocks during the massive wakes. this was up the otonabee river. i no longer go fishing on rice end of sept to avoid this event. ppl by the hundreds line the shoreline cottages to watch. so it seems ppl enjoy it. just wish they would post a message / warning at ramps or something for unsuspecting boaters.

i cant tell from the video if this is along the race route, but doesnt look like it to me and seems to show some guy not following proper boating etiquette. if i am going to put it politely.

Anyway, i assume this was 'race day' and this guy decided to go for a spin after / before the race. the race event is quite obvious there are about 15-20 of these boats sometimes more, all in a pack -

As for illegal fishing, this has been the year of this - terrible - we are getting constant complaints of river poaching in the tribs this fall. It's all been called in, but not sure of the outcomes as i myself haven't been out to witness.

PMEmail Poster
rivermaster
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:34 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4686

Oh Cool somebody put an obstacle course out there!

PMEmail Poster
rivermaster
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 12:39 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 4686

QUOTE (metalbuckle @ Oct 01, 2020 - 12:34 pm)
unfortunately i cant type much due to an injury, but there is a boat race on rice every year at the end of sept and i have been caught in it more than once. i am not going to argue who should be using the lake and how its for everyone etc.., but they came very close to me as well and i had to almost full throttle and do evasive maneuvers to avoid crashing into rocks during the massive wakes. this was up the otonabee river. i no longer go fishing on rice end of sept to avoid this event. ppl by the hundreds line the shoreline cottages to watch. so it seems ppl enjoy it. just wish they would post a message / warning at ramps or something for unsuspecting boaters.

i cant tell from the video if this is along the race route, but doesnt look like it to me and seems to show some guy not following proper boating etiquette. if i am going to put it politely.

Anyway, i assume this was 'race day' and this guy decided to go for a spin after / before the race. the race event is quite obvious there are about 15-20 of these boats sometimes more, all in a pack -

As for illegal fishing, this has been the year of this - terrible - we are getting constant complaints of river poaching in the tribs this fall. It's all been called in, but not sure of the outcomes as i myself haven't been out to witness.

When I was on the Otonabee back in August I caught a small Muskie and somebody saw it from shore. He asked me if it was a Muskie and if I let it go, he said he would have kept it. I then told him it was way under the slot size to which he replied "I don't care". So many of these kinds of people out there.

PMEmail Poster
fishmagnet
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 04:24 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 515

Looked at the video again, he had more then enough area to go around the group of boats but went right thru the middle of them all. Then he turns around and does it again..Then the next pass he's porpoising on purpose to cause as much wake as possible in my opinion..
Super tool...He's lucky he wasn't confronted by one of the fisherman..
I know if I had kids in the boat I would have said something for sure. One mistake and he's into another boat..

PMEmail Poster
salmonslayer
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 06:50 pm

Lunker Trout

Member No.: 7193

was on the otonabee river couple of weeks ago when these cigarette boats went through where everyone swims by bridge they were flying lots of kids in water swimming and on inflatables out farther from shore. I am just waiting for the day you here on the news of small children being run over by one of these boats, alot of these people driving the big boats seem to have no respect for other people on the water. remember you are responsible for your wake

PMEmail Poster
Widecap
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 07:25 pm

Alevin

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 16498

PMEmail Poster
Goshawk
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 07:40 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 11890

Good to see that someone at Global was able to isolate the registration number of the boat. Regardless of whether the other boats were doing some illegal fishing, what this guy was doing was reckless, careless and just downright asinine. Hopefully the OPP or MNR will get a copy of this Global tape and registration number. Shouldn't be too hard to track that down.

PMEmail Poster
Longshank
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 08:22 pm

World Record Trout

Member No.: 118

there is just no excuse for that type of boating....it's just like street racing

I am so glad I don't fish those waters anymore

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
minnkota
Posted: Oct 01, 2020 - 08:59 pm

Trophy Trout

Member No.: 766

Boat race on the River

https://youtu.be/hpDcKmYftRQ

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/hpDcKmYftRQ[/YOUTUBE]

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

ICX Carbon Ice
Fishing Reel

WintePro Insulated
Fishing Gloves

Crampons Ice Cleats
for Winter Boots

Frabill Hub Shelter

Rapala Jigging
Rap Perch

Garmin STRIKER 4
Ice Fishing Bundle

Landworks Eco- Friendly Electric
Cordless Auger Power Head

CLAM 8073 Outdoor
Portable Fish Trap

CLAM Ice Fishing Shelter
Fishing Kawartha Lakes
Fishing forum for the Kawartha Lakes & Area. Rice Lake, Lake Scugog, Sturgeon Lake, Balsam Lake, Chemong Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Pigeon Lake, Stoney Lake - Fishing Reports, Ice Conditions, walleye, bass, muskie, crappie, perch & more!